When To Refer To FRIENDS?
Referrals to FRIENDS may be made in any of the following cases:
- Newly diagnosed patients with terminal illnesses
- Patients needing palliative care
- Family with primary care giver needing help to care for someone with terminal illness
Since we are not restricted by CMS, physicians may make a referral anytime there is a need for hospice services.
What Is Needed To Refer A Patient?
- Order to treat patient
- History and physical or recent notes
You may use our referral form or simply call or fax the office with the information.
What Makes FRIENDS Unique?
- Medical licensed hospice that employs a professional staff of seventeen including Registered Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants.
- Availability to professional staff 24/7.
- Accepts patients that are still seeking curative measures such as dialysis, feeding tubes, chemotherapy and radiation.
- Cares for patients with foley catheters, feeding tubes, PICC or Port lines.
- May work in conjunction with Home Health agencies and Community Long Term Care
- Offers volunteer services to patients such as transportation for appointments, companionship and respite assistance.
- Provides services at no cost to the patient, their family, insurance providers or Medicare/Medicaid.
- Manages pain control and pays for pain and nausea medication as needed.
- Coordinates with patient’s physician to develop an individualized plan of care.
- Numerous community outreach programs available to anyone in need
Please contact our office at 843-525-6257, if you would like a FREE Hospice Resource Guide or would like to schedule an appointment to discuss how FRIENDS would be able to
assist your patients with hospice care.