- COMPLETELY LOCAL – 30 years ago, FRIENDS was the 1st hospice in Beaufort County. It was founded by Beaufortonians wishing to help a dying friend. “Founded
by Beaufort for Beaufort County.”
- MEDICALLY LICENSED hospice that employs a professional staff of seventeen including Registered Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants.
- 100% FREE All of the services that FRIENDS provides are completely FREE of charge. FRIENDS does not bill our Patients, families, insurance companies and Medicare
or Medicaid for our services.
- AVAILABILITY to professional staff 24/7.
- MAY ACCEPT PATIENTS that are still seeking curative measures such as dialysis, feeding tubes, chemotherapy and radiation.
- WORKS in conjunction with Home Health agencies and Community Long Term Care
- PROVIDES VOLUNTEER SERVICES to patients such as transportation for appointments, companionship and respite assistance.
- MANAGES PAIN CONTROL and pays for pain and nausea medication as needed.
- INDIVIDUALIZED PLAN OF CARE that is coordinated with patient’s physician
- OFFERS SERVICES AND OUTREACH PROGRAMS TO ANYONE IN NEED in the community.
We Offer A Comprehensive Approach To Caring
- Caring For Our Patients
- Caring For Our Families and Caregivers
- Caring For Our Community
FRIENDS of Caroline HOSPICE is incorporated by the state of South Carolina and licensed by the SC Department of Health and Environmental Control. We are an agency of United
Way of The Lowcountry and members of the Hospice Foundation of America and the National Hospice Volunteer Association.